Programs For Immigrants in Edmonton
Below are some good programs that are available for immigrants in Edmonton.
Facts about Immigration
Did you know? According to the 2014 census, in Millwoods, Punjabi is the most spoken non-official language with 12% of Millwoods residents speaking it!
Learning a new language can be challenging, but here are a few hints and resources to help you!
- Find out what type of learner you are. This can help you plan ways to learn and concentrate better. Below are some quizzes you can take to find out what type of learner you are.
Below are some websites that can help you learn a new language.
- Duolingo: A website for learning different languages. An app for your phone is also available.
- Mango Languages: Another website to learn a variety of different languages, including English. An EPL membership is required to access this resource.
- Edmonton Public Library Electronic Resources: Electronic resources from EPL, and there are links to websites (including Mango Languages) where free online courses are offered. An EPL membership is required to access these.
- Shadowing: A good technique to help you improve your speaking skills.